EMAC OE 50 Add-on Packages
Additional software packages can be added to the standard EMAC OE distribution for an additional support fee. Thousands of software projects are available through the OpenEmbedded build system, some common packages are listed below. Custom software development is also offered as may be required. Please contact EMAC for information about package availability and pricing.
- MariaDB: While SQLite3 is provided in EMAC OE 5.x, MariaDB is a more powerful replacement for MySQL.
- PostgreSQL: PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system.
- NFS Server: Network File System Server - Share the device's filesystem over the network or mount a remote network file system.
- Samba Server: Common Internet File System and Domain support for Microsoft Windows clients.
- SNMP: A popular protocol for network management.
Real Time Extenstions
- Xenomai: a real-time development framework for Linux
- Perl 5: A high-level, interpreted programming language.
- PHP 5: Server-side HTML embedded scripting language.
- Python 2.7.x: A general purpose high-level programming language.
Toolkits and APIs
- QT4 Embedded: a cross-platform application and UI framework for developers using C++ or QML.
- libmodbus: libmodbus is a C library designed to provide a fast and robust implementation of the Modbus protocol.
- jamvm: A compact Java Virtual Machine
- Google Chromium: A web browser ideal for use in kiosk applications.
- Enlightenment: Enlightenment is a lean, fast, modular and very extensible window manager for X11 and Linux.
- Qt4: Qt can provide its own windowing system on top of a framebuffer, eliminating the need for the X11 windowing system.
- Wireless Tools and WPA Supplicant: A typical wireless LAN set up will require the configuration of the network interfaces and WPA Supplicant if wireless encryption is used.
- Bluez: Provides support for the core Bluetooth layers and protocols in Linux.