EMAC OE 50 Add-on Packages
Additional software packages can be added to the standard EMAC OE distribution for an additional support fee. Thousands of software projects are available through the OpenEmbedded build system; some common packages are listed below. Custom software development is also offered by EMAC. Please contact EMAC for information about package availability and pricing if additional packages and/or custom software development are required.
- Apache: While LightTPD "lighty" is provided by default, Apache is the world's most used HTTP server that provides a wide range of features.
- MariaDB: While SQLite3 is provided by default in EMAC OE 5.x, MariaDB is a more powerful database system which is available as an upgrade. MariaDB was formally MySQL before it was forked due to licensing issues which came about when MySQL came under new ownership. MariaDB is a drop-in replacement for MySQL.
- PostgreSQL: PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system.
- VNC server: A VNC server allows for remote viewing of display output.
- NFS Server: Network File System Server - Share the device's filesystem over the network or mount a remote network file system.
- Samba Server: Common Internet File System (CIFS)/Server Message Block (SMB) and Domain support for Microsoft Windows clients.
- SNMP: Simple Network Management Protocol - A popular protocol for network management.
- Xenomai: A real-time development framework and set of extensions for Linux which provide real time capabilities to the Linux operating system.
- Crank Storyboard: Crank storyboard is a developer tool that simplifies the design and function of a touch screen based application.
- Perl 5: A high-level, interpreted programming language. Many Perl modules are available for EMAC OE 5.x.
- PHP 5: Server-side HTML embedded scripting language.
- Python 2.7.x: A general purpose high-level programming language. There are many Python libraries available as part of EMAC OE 5.x.
- libmodbus: libmodbus is a C library designed to provide a fast and robust implementation of the Modbus protocol.
- jamvm: A compact Java Virtual Machine
- Google Chromium: A web browser ideal for use in kiosk applications. Where needed, EMAC can strip the Chrome off of Chromium.
- Enlightenment: Enlightenment is a lean, modular, extensible window manager for X11 and Linux.
- Wireless Tools and WPA Supplicant: A typical wireless LAN setup will require the configuration of the network interfaces and WPA Supplicant if wireless encryption is used.
- Bluez: Provides support for the core Bluetooth layers and protocols in Linux.